I found this survey in Monica's journal...
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? Oh my, those bags under my eyes are terrible, I need some sleep!
2. How much cash do you have on you? $2.00 and some change
3. What’s a word that rhymes with DOOR? Floor
4. Favorite planet? Saturn, I like the rings.
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? One of my employees calling in sick yesterday.
6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone? Sweet Child O'Mine by Guns & Roses
7. What shirt are you wearing? I'm not, I've got my jammies on already.
8. Do you label yourself? I think I do.
9. Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently wearing? It's late, I'm in my jammies and I've still got my socks on. lol
10. Bright or Dark Room? Dark, it's almost midnight.
11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you? I think she's a great photographer, a great mom and grandma.
12. What does your watch look like? Ahh...my watch just stopped a couple days ago, needs a new battery, but it's silver with diamonds surrounding the face.
13. What were you doing at midnight last night? Funny you should ask, I was up!!! I had tried to go to bed a couple of hours earlier but, my smoke alarm's battery was dying and started beeping, very loudly, every couple of minutes! It's the one in my living room, the room with vaulted ceilings and I could not reach that high! I moved my son's drums out of the way (he had cleaned his room, leaving everything in the livingroom!) Then, moved my guy's fan (and industrial size fan that should be in the garage!) Then, moved the telescope that's been in the corner, untouched for years. Then, went out to the freezing garage to find the ladder. I brought the ladder in through the laundry room, stumbling through 3 foot high piles of dirty clothes, I kid you not, my son's clothes (remember, he cleaned his room!) Finally to the livingroom. Set up the ladder, climb the ladder in my jammies and realize, I'm too damn short! I wanted to call the fire department, they could fix it for me! I decided to try and wake my son, for the third time! He lays there, wishing I'd go away! The sound of the screeching alarm wasn't bothering him! Grumble, grumble, I've got to work in the a.m., he can sleep in in the a.m., grumble, grumble, why can't he help me! Next, I hear the what I thought might be footsteps, could he have gotten up? I go back out to the living room, and he's at the top of the ladder, swapping batteries, and looks down to me, grumble, grumble... "...go back to bed! You owe me a battery!" Silence. No more beeps. I could finally sleep! Thank you! (Hence, the bags under my eyes!)
14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say? from my son after I left him a voice message once he didn't come home as expected, "let's just say I've run into a friend, be home soon"
15. Where is your nearest 7-11? Not sure, we don't have many in Idaho
16. What’s a word that you say a lot? Good job!
17. Who told you he/she loved you last? My daughter.
18. Last furry thing you touched? Bentley, Molly, Lucy, Sadie, Rodney and Peanut... my Yorkies. lol
19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days? my daily prescriptions, three.
20. How many rolls of film do you need developed? Ya know, I have several rolls of films from I don't remember when, that need to be developed. Not sure they're even good any longer, it's been like 10 years, sitting in my dresser drawer!
21. Favorite age you have been so far? My 40's
22. Your worst enemy? I think this is a pretty common answer, myself.
23. What is your current desktop picture? A photo I took in the Sawtooth Mt Range of trailing sheep (click here)
24. What was the last thing you said to someone? Goodnight. (to my son)
25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be? The million bucks! I could use the million for a lot of things that could make my heart and soul fly.
26. Do you like someone? I do!
27. The last song you listened to? Rhiannon by Fleetwood Mac
28. What time of day were you born? 5:07 pm
29. What’s your favorite number? 7
30. Where did you live in 1997? I had just moved here to Idaho, from the Monterey Bay area of California
31. Are you jealous of anyone? No
32. Is anyone jealous of you? Not that I'm aware of.
33. Where were you when 9/11 happened? I was just waking to the Today Show, lying in bed (my t.v. is my alarm) hearing Katie Couric saying it must be a horrible accident. Then the second plane hit.
34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money? Try to shake my purchase free, however I can.
35. Do you consider yourself kind? Yes, I do.
36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be? I won't ever get a tattoo, but if I had to, it would be above the outside of my ankle.
37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be? Spanish. I think I could use Spanish more than any other language, plus I took practically 6 years of it in grammer and high school. I was able to help a hotel clerk with another customer over the phone who was at the airport. The clerk was trying to figure out where to send the shuttle driver to pickup the customer. She needed to know if the customer was arriving from an international flight or domestic. The customer was from Peru, arriving from an international flight.
38. Would you move for the person you loved? I would, anything for love.
39. Are you touchy feely? Funny, I would say I was very touchy feely, but... since my surgery 3 years ago, I've been pretty numb to touching anything. lol
40. What’s your life motto? Be bold, be courageous. In the end, the only things in life you will regret are the things you didn't do.
41. Name three things that you have on you at all times? My cell phone, keys, and lenses (can't see without them.)
42. What’s your favorite town/city? McCall, Idaho... I first visited this little mountain town when I was just 16 years old. I told myself then, someday I will live there. Boise is as close to that dream as I've gotten, 100 miles south of McCall.
43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash? I don't remember, I use my bank card for most purchases, no matter the price, because I get cash back.
44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it? Just before Christmas, I hand-wrote letters for my Gramma, to her family back east. My Gramma can no longer hold a pen to write with, her hands are brittle and full of arthritis.
45. Can you change the oil on a car? Probably not anymore. I did take a college automotive class when I was 18 years old.
46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her? Oh, it wasn't good. Temper, temper. My exhusband, the father of my kids, angry at a mechanic who fixed my daughter's car. He'll never change.
47. How far back do you know about your ancestry? 1600's on my grandfather's side, my mother's father.
48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy? I wore black slacks with a glittery black sweater for Christmas dinner on our Cruise last year, 2005.
49. Does anything hurt on your body right now? My lower back. I think I need a new bed.
50. Have you been burned by love? Yes, hasn't everyone?
2 weeks ago