Sunday, April 16, 2006

Lily

Last spring we had our first litter of Yorkie puppies. When the puppies were about four weeks old, I started taking Peanut and Rodney with me on some of my weekend outings.

Peanut and Rodney were almost a year old then, and just as cute as could be. I knew they would attract people; people would want to stop and pet them, and ask me all about them. If they were interested, I would share with these people that I had puppies for sale at home.

"Lily" was my first puppy sale. Her new family would come by the house several times a week, for another four weeks until the puppies were eight weeks old and ready to go to their new homes.

Lily went home with her new family, a couple with four kids. I felt really good about this family, they were attentive, sincere, and seemed to be good people.

We have never heard from them again.

I need to tell you, all of my other puppy families have kept in touch, sending me photos of their puppy as it's grown throughout the year. At first, I didn't worry about the "no contact" from Lily's family. Then, my mind started to wander. I thought maybe something terrible happened, Lily got away, or worse. I sent a couple of emails during this last year, and never received any responses from Lily's family. Hmm... I hoped Lily was okay.

Last weekend, my guy and I traveled to Twins Falls, Idaho, to visit with his family. I wanted to go to Shoshone Falls and see if the falls were flowing. I brought my camera. As I was walking down the steps to the look out area, this lady started screaming, "...OMG!!...It's them!" She was getting really excited. I looked behind me on the steps, no one was in front of me except this crazy lady, and I thought she was talking to someone behind me. No one was behind me either. About then, I noticed the dog in her arms...

It's Lily! Lily is as spoiled as the rest of my puppies and just as cute! I couldn't believe it. Here we were, more than two hours from home and we run into these folks. AND, I had my camera with me!

11 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh my gosh! I finally figured out this feedblitz thing...and found your journal on my alerts again.
Yay!
Adorable doggie there...

Nancy
http://journals.aol.com/nhd106/Nancyluvspix/

SolitaryDancer said...

Just Precious!!!!!!!!!!!

Deb

Bookncoffee said...

OH I JUST LOVE THIS STORY. Now here in the South....we call that "A GOD THANG".....He knew the joy it would give you to KNOW Lily was ok. What a blessing. Coincidences are not just chances....their God's blessings when he chooses to be anonymous. I read that phrase in my Jan Karon book yesterday. LOL. I am so glad and also that you got a picture. How awesome and how weird. LOL>

Ari said...

Oh gosh, this makes me want to cry! She's so adorable. I've thought about breeding yorkies myself, but we live in town (noise violation) and it's just not practicle for us. Plus, I'd never want to give them away, haha!

I'm so glad you got to see Lily again. How precious!

Ari

Astaryth said...

How wonderful to see Lily again! Did the family mention why they hadn't contacted you? Just my awful curiosity! {LOL} Anyway, she is adorable!

Becky said...

Neat! What a small world...

sunflowerkat said...

OMG, what a thrill to be reunited with one of your "babies". She looks like she's happy, well taken care of....and completely precious.

Unknown said...

Lily is too cute! How wonderful you found her again!
~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

Love the photo and update on Lily. You found a great family for her.

Sie said...

They are so adorable, how could they NOT be spoiled.

Unknown said...

what a wonderful, wonderful story!! I'm so glad Lily is doing well, and is being so wonderfully taken care of! It must be a big relief off your mind. I'm sure you were thinking and wondering about her so much. Hope you guys can keep in touch now. Do you still sell yorkies? I would LOVE ONE!!!! :-)) but I keep saying I want to wait til my kids get older. I'm not sure a small breed of dog would be a good idea with the munchkins. But a yorkie is EXACTLY what I want to have one day, God willing.

((hugs))