Saturday, September 23, 2006

For Mom

Lately, I have been having fun making fun-fur knitted scarves. I've made several. One, I made special for my mom, using olive green metallic Fun-Fur together with a multi-colored Boucle yarn in the same olive color base.

I also purchased a picture made with scrapbook copper pieces that represent Love, Hope, and Faith, matted and framed. It is very girlie, very simple, and very nice.

Taking some colored tissue paper to wrap the boxed frame work, then tying the scarf around the outside, and wha-la! A sparkley wrapped gift for my mom was ready!

Today's my mom's birthday. My son and I got up earlier than we normally do on a weekend, to meet my parents for breakfast out. Gosh! It's been years since I've had breakfast with my parents. It was good to be together.

Mom loved her scarf! And she's already decided where she wants to hang the picture.

Monday, my mom will be going in for knee replacement surgery. The procedure is not supposed to take too long, she should be out of recovery and up to her room after a few hours. It's serious enough that she will need to be in the hospital for a few days. My dad will be there with her. Being on standby for my daughter's upcoming surgery, I hadn't asked for time off for my mom's surgery to be with her. I know my dad will be by her side. I will be able to time off during the day to see my mom, after her surgery. I'm praying everything goes well, and after all the recovery time, I hope my mom will be able to walk again!

5 comments:

Astaryth said...

I need to get out my crochet stuff and start thinking about scarves for x-mas... but it is going to be such a pain here because of the cramped space... I'll have to think about x-mas soon though!

Happy Birthday to your MOM!!

And, I love the rose...is that one of your pics???

Anonymous said...

Awww, you're a sweet daughter. Praying for your Mom's speedy recovery from the knee surgery. Thanks for dropping by my journal.

Kelly said...

you've been so productive, knitting, scrapbooking, being a great daughter...where do you find the time?? :-)

Becky said...

Good luck to your mom on her surgery! And I like the iron Yorkie! :-)

sunflowerkat said...

I hope your mom is doing well.