Monday, September 18, 2006

Yorkies

So, I get these mailers, every so often, of beautiful Yorkie figurines. I don't know if my name and address have been sold by AKC or what. I only get Yorkie flyers, no Pugs, no Retrievers. So, I'm thinking, it's got to be something to do with the AKC when I register my dogs? I don't know.

Anyway, I normally throw these flyers out after looking them over. They're always something really cute, but not something I would really purchase. Then, a few weeks ago, they sent me a flyer of a life size, bronzed cast iron Yorkie! Perfect! My imagination found this Yorkie figurine sitting proudly in my front yard, near the porch and flower bed.

Well, that was a couple of months ago...


Today, my son calls me at work, he NEVER calls me! He says, "WHAT did you buy!? Did you get a new computer? This huge box came today for you."

I'm trying to think fast... I can't remember buying or ordering anything. "It's big?"

"Yes, it's big!"

"How much does it weigh?"

"About twelve pounds, box and all."

"Ooohh! It's a Yorkie!" I remembered.

My son about died. ANOTHER Yorkie!?? He protests, "We have enough Yorkies!"

Trying to calm him down, thinking, yah right, I had a live Yorkie shipped, clear across the US of A, in a box. "No, no, it's a full size, bronzed, cast iron Yorkie figurine for the yard."

"Mom, you're nuts!" And he hangs up.


7 comments:

Kelly said...

"mom, you're nuts".....like he didn't already know that!! :-)

Astaryth said...

I like! And... your not nuts. {LOL}
Blogger wouldn't let me sign in :( Wonder what was up with that?

Ari said...

Hehehe how cute!

Ari

louhanna said...

Interesting blog about your passion poems by sherry, keep up the good work passion poems by sherry

Dona said...

LOL! Zing! You got him. LOL.
Dona

Donna said...

I like it! I don't blame you for ordering it.

sunflowerkat119 said...

It's sweet. What do the real yorkies think of it??