Friday, September 08, 2006

I love this collage of my daughter. I've been thinking about my little girl a lot lately. I spoke with her doctor yesterday. He was very, very nice, very knowledgeable, giving me information, and answering my questions at a level I could understand. This specific type of cancer cell is normally, a very slow moving cancer. He says we need to remove the cells that can turn to cancer, as soon as possible. I asked, just how much of my little girl would he be removing. They need to take a margin of good tissue around the bad tissue to make sure they get all the pre-cancerous cells. The size of what they need to remove is two inches long and one inch wide. The doctor said he would need to go a few millimeters deep. He said this should be done in the hospital under general anesthesia, and will cost anywhere from $5k to $10k. Can you believe that? Of course, my daughter is worth every penny!

3 comments:

Donna. W said...

The "C" word is always scary, and probably 10 times more so when it's your child. sounds like she'll be fine in the long run. God bless her, and you.

Astaryth said...

Oh, I missed the first entry you did about them finding this... how scary for the both of you!

Holding your daughter in my thoughts and sending positive energy winging your way...

Bookncoffee said...

I love the picture of your daughter holding her guitar and I love her hair in that picture too.
I am sure they will get everything they need to get on those cells, but I hate she has to go thru this.
Sonya