1. Who is the last house guest you invited into your home and was it a pleasant visit?
It was my daughter, last February. Though I was at work most of this visit, it was nice to come home to a houseful of young adults, the band HIMSA stayed here too. The lead singer of HIMSA is my daughter's boyfriend.
2. Other than to work or school, where was the last place you drove?
Salt Lake City last weekend to see my daughter in concert with her band KiTTie.
3. In terms of emergency supplies, how many of the following do you have in your home?
A) Candles B) Fresh batteries C) Containers of bottled water
A) tons of candles
B) quite a few new batteries laying around, definitely should have more on hand for emergencies
C) actually, I have three 3 gallon water bottles waiting to replenish the 46 gallon fresh water fish tank, but for us and emergencies, none
4. You're invited to a pot-luck dinner: what specialty do you offer to bring? (It has to be something you can cook yourself, not something you bring from a store!)
Easy. I'd bring a pot of my Mexican Stew! Especially during this time of year when it's cool to cold out.
5. Which of the following do you feel is the most true based on your own life experiences:
A) It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
B) The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.
C) To have a friend, you must first be a friend.
D) Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
E) Never judge a book by itscover.
F) The tree of knowledge bears the noblest fruit.
A. It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. To know what love is, to feel it, is priceless.
6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #31 from Cherie: We have all watched movies and TV shows that have inspired us to want to do what the characters in the show are doing, (doctors, lawyers, politicians, fire fighters, etc). Has there ever been program that you watched that made you realize that the occupation of the characters was something you could NEVER become?
Though I have worked in hospitals most all of my adult life, I could never be an ER Nurse. Some of the blood and gore these people see is much too much for me. I am very grateful they are there for us, I could never do what they do!
Get your Saturday Six at PatricksPlace
4 days ago